Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you've always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with PADI Freediver eLearning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in a language you understand).
Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal - static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal - constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet.
- Prices include boat trips and dive guide unless otherwise specified.
- Full equipment includes tank, weight, belt, fins, mask BCD, regulator, snorkel, computer.
- DAN insurance available on request.
- All prices are in US $.
- Prices are inclusive of GST.
- Certification issued - PADI only.
- All prices include Boat trips, certification fee, full equipment and logbook.
- Certification will only be issued as per course standard. A referral programme will be recommended if participant is unable to complete the full course.