Private Dive Master (half day)
The PADI Master Scuba Diving certification is the highest non-professional diver rating issued by PADI. It distinguishes the barer as being highly trained and experienced in a wide range of specialist diving activities and courses. For sure it’s more than just another diving license! It takes time, commitment and dedication to scuba diving in order to achieve this rating and as such it is a testament to your clear passion for the underwater world.
To earn your Master Scuba Diver rating you don’t participate in a singular course but rather a collection of diving courses and experiences. Probably you’ll be completing the various certification requirements over more than one diving vacation or, if you’re based here in the Maldives, then over several weekends. Of course if you have the time and you can commit to finishing whatever you need to get certified then we’re happy to help you achieve your goal. Exactly how long that might take depends on the diving certifications you currently hold and how many logged dives you already have.
To become certified as a PADI Master Scuba Diver you need to:
· Be at least 12 years old.*
· Hold a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification
· Hold a PADI Rescue Diver certification
· Have completed at least 5 PADI Specialty Diver certifications**
· Have logged at least 50 dives.
Divemaster is the first professional diving rating in PADI and your foot in the door to finding employment in the scuba diving industry. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. It teaches you these dive leadership skills through classroom lectures and independent study as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize diving logistics and to solve problems. Since one of your future roles as a Divemaster is to function as an instructional assistant, a large part of the course focuses on helping other student divers to learn and improve their scuba diving skills. You acquire this knowledge through a structured internship program during which you actually work with our dive operation and under our supervision, helping us to teach diving courses in order to gain the first hand experience that you need.
Divemaster is also the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications. If your dream is to become a diving instructor and to work all over the world in one of the most rewarding professions then the Divemaster course prepares you for that next big step!
Who can participate?
In order to begin your Divemaster training you must be
· 18 years old
· Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver
· Able to present proof of 40 logged scuba dives
· EFR Primary and Secondary Care trained within 24 months
· Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months
- Prices include boat trips and dive guide unless otherwise specified.
- Full equipment includes tank, weight, belt, fins, mask BCD, regulator, snorkel, computer.
- DAN insurance available on request.
- All prices are in US $.
- Prices are inclusive of GST.